Noosh Time

Monday, April 30, 2007

Noosh News : April 07

As most of you are aware, I have been sending out a monthly newsletter, however, for some email systems, they reject the newsletter and so it doesn't get through to everyone so I thought I would add a modified version (for security & condifentiality reasons) to my BLOG for those that missed it via email for whatever reason!

Dear Friend

"Nothing shapes your life more than the commitments you choose to make. Your commitments can develop you or they can destroy you, but either way, they will define you … we become whatever we are committed to … you were put on earth to make a contribution. You weren't created just to consume resources - to eat, breathe, and take up space. God designed you to make a difference with your life. While many best selling books offer advice on how to "get" the most out of life, that's not the reason God made you. You were created to "add" to life on earth, not just take from it. God wants you to give something back." (Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life)

What are you committed to? What are you giving back to life on earth? What is the purpose of life?

What is Easter really all about?


As we celebrated the death and resurrection of our Saviour, Jesus Christ at Easter, I was reminded of the sacrifice that Jesus made on our behalf as he suffered and hung on a cross so that we might have eternal life with God in heaven forever. I was challenged to think about the questions above in a renewed way. I'm thankful to God for the many blessings I have received in my life, the most important being that He revealed himself in such a way that I can say wholeheartedly that I am committed to being faithful to God, to becoming more Christ-like and to continually transforming my life and my character. In addition, I'm hoping that by doing God's will through mission, I will be giving back to life on earth, a tiny part of the big slice that I have already taken from it. I am also committed to taking you all around the world with me and I am so excited to know that your hands, your feet, your eyes and your ears will be with me all the way on this journey as you pray, encourage and support me.

Could it possibly be that there are exactly 9 weeks to go before I leave Sydney? Writing this newsletter, I feel the butterflies swirling around, as it reminds me how fast this past month has flown by, and how much is happening in my life! Only 63 days left … and counting!? Eeek! God is always faithful though and has continued to show me that He is very much present in this whole process by answering my prayers and allaying my fears.

Cabin Fever?!

So what will my cabin really look like?


I am constantly checking the LH website (www.LH.org - type the name of the ship in full if you know it for the actual web address) for updates on the progress of the ship refurbishments and I recently found a photo of a partially completed cabin … and I have to say that I was most pleasantly surprised. However, I have a lot of things and I am only allowed to take the 20-23kg airline limit, so my whole life is going to have to fit into one suitcase, which, is going to be one of the biggest challenges I could ever face! Once I get on board and make myself at home, I will have to send you an updated photo of what my actual room looks like!

Other News

For a few weeks this month, I have felt that I've been under a big grey cloud and it occurred to me that the Enemy is on my case BIG TIME! Praise God that I have the power of the Holy Spirit within to withstand any attack! I had an amazing experience in relation to praying through scriptures called "Lectio Divina" which really impacted me - read about it on my BLOG. The point is that God has a way of revealing himself when we least expect to find Him, and I find it comforting to know, that no matter what is going on, no matter who is judging me and no matter how much self-pity I may have or alone and self-absorbed I may feel, I know that God is always with me and will never leave me. It is my prayer that each of you has the same experience of God in your lives, because the sun is always shining above the clouds, no matter how grey they get!
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)

It may not be easy but it is possible to remain faithful.

Finance Update

Two great verses from 2 Corinthians are a reminder that "what is unseen is eternal" and that we live by faith, not by sight. Therefore, I continue to praise God for raising up supporters who are committing their financial resources and fixing their eyes on what is unseen ie. the people that I will meet and the ministries that I will participate in as a result of their generosity. I will be living completely by faith so I cannot do what I am doing without your financial support and it is exciting to know that God is working in your lives too! For every child that I hug and every hand that I shake, my support partners will have played an "unseen" part in the lives of people across the world. Effectively, along with me, you will be living by faith in my mission and not by direct sight of it. I believe that this will have eternal consequences in your own lives as well as the lives of those that I meet. The impact will be global!

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)

We live by faith, not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7)

So, if you would like to commit to what is unseen yet eternal and have faith in my mission, please consider financially supporting me on an ongoing basis. Email me and I will send you a "Financial Partners Support Form", otherwise, you can provide one-off donations.

Power in Simple Prayer

I have to thank a group of very close friends who have been so faithful in their prayerful support and encouragement. Last year, after the Mission Outreach conference, 8 of us formed the MPT (Mission Prayer Team) and we have faithfully met together once a month since Aug 06 to pray specifically for each other regarding our mission plans and where we are at in relation to where God wants us to be! We have seen amazing answers to our simple, yet faithful prayers, and we have all seen and experienced God working powerfully in our lives! One of our group is now studying at College in Victoria to be a member of the Mission Aviation Fellowship and is learning to be a pilot, which is the realization of a lifelong dream that he never thought possible! Another member of our group is in the process of planning to do a 5-month missionary course in Darwin. Others are considering study at Bible Colleges and involvement in community aid projects and changing careers to live out God's will in their lives. And of course, I am leaving everything that I love and know here in Sydney to live out God's will for the next 2 years on a ship which, if you had told me I would be doing this time last year, I would have laughed at you … God has certainly been at work!! The power of simple prayer has been evident in our lives and it is so encouraging to know that God is hearing us and responding according to His will.

Praise & Prayer Focus

Every month, I ask that you spend a few minutes sending up prayer points on my behalf because it is key to opening the way for God to work, so thank you for your prayers.

* Praise God for the donations of time, space and money that have been offered to help me with storing my stuff

* Praise God that he is listening to simple prayers and that the MPT group has now grown with the departure and impending departure of some of our members to do God's will

* Praise God continually for His faithfulness in raising up supporters who are contributing generously in finances and prayer

* Pray that God will give me peace in my packing process, which I am finding stressful and exhausting

* Pray that I will be able to be positive in the face of adversity when trials come my way and that I will stand strong knowing that I can do all things through Him who gives me strength (Phil 4:13) and that I do not have to do things in my own strength

* Pray that I will be uplifted and positive in my attitude towards work, packing and saying Good Bye to friends

* Pray for a spirit of confidence that God is in control and I do not need to worry about the small things, but rather that I can remain open minded and open-hearted to give Him the ability to continue working in my life always

Food For The Soul

I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labour. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. (1 Corinthians 3:6-9)



Will you help to "water" the seeds that I will be "planting"? Only God makes the flowers grow but together we can plant and water seeds of light, love and peace to a hurting world.

God's richest blessings in Christ to you … Vanoosh :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home