Noosh Time

Thursday, September 01, 2005

In the beginning ...

About 7 years ago, I came to the realisation that if I was going to consider myself to be a Christian, I needed to embrace the full weight of what that meant.

Living a Christian life is, in my opinion, undoubtedly taking the road less travelled and yet it is also the road with the most life changing experiences as I have drawn closer to God. One of the things that I openly admit was a real revelation to me was the understanding that Jesus existed with God from the very beginning ... before the world was spoken into existence ... which, honestly, blew me away! My childhood idealism had only ever imagined that although Jesus was the Son of God, he had been born as a baby and been created from the virgin birth. How much clearer it became that Jesus could not be born of a natural conception because he was God and he was with God in the beginning. The Gospel of John 1: 1-2 states this case ... "In the beginning was the Word ("Jesus") and the Word was WITH God and the Word WAS God. He was WITH God in the beginning." (Enhancements and brackets were my additions to the text). Therefore it is unquestionably acceptable, in my mind, that his conception was of the Spirit ... it was the only way and the most amazing conception ever to have occurred to create human life. WOW ... I'm blown away still.

Today, I was reading a passage from John 17: 1-5 which again reiterrated that Jesus was with God in the beginning ... he prays for himself and says the following:

"1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."

Note verse 5 particularly where Jesus says "And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you BEFORE the world began" ... this adds such weight to understanding the sacrafice that Jesus made for us ... he gave up the glory that he enjoyed with God BEFORE the world began in order that you and I may one day share in his glory as co-heirs and children of God.

But not only that, Jesus did not leave us alone when he took his place at the right hand of God, for he left us the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit and he also left us with his peace ... John 14: 26-27 testifys to us this very fact ... John records that Jesus says:

"26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

So, what have I learned from this ... Jesus Christ sacraficed his glory for me which he enjoyed before the world began. Jesus Christ was, without doubt, THE most amazing man to ever have been conceived in this world because he was with God and he was God from the very beginning and he knew why he had to come to the world as a man in order that we might catch a glimpse of not only God's power and glory, but also of God's amazing love for us ... I thank God every day that he sent Jesus to this world to save us and to give us eternal life.

My prayer is that if you do not know Jesus Christ's power in your life, that you might take the time to pause and wonder if you may just be missing out on understanding the most influential, most powerful, most amazing man to ever have walked this earth ... don't miss out ... life is not worth living without Jesus ... he loves you more than you might ever understand!

God Bless you in your place right now !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home