Noosh Time

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Kangaroo Island : Friday, 26 Jan to Sunday, 28 Jan 07

I left Adelaide at 3.15pm on Friday, 26 Jan 07 after classes in the morning and then an OM BBQ in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens which was lovely! The trip to Cape Jervis was approx. 2hrs and then we boarded the ferry to Kangaroo Island. I met a lovely local farmer called Sandra along the way. When I arrived on the Island at Penneshaw, there to greet me was a little blue fairy penguin ... it was gorgeous and a rare sighting as they are apparently not often seen now with the drought. I have been staying at the YHA which has been very comfortable and pleasant - the only difficulty was that I had to negotiate a top bunk which was a bit scary as the guard rail was not stable and kept falling off the bed?! Tonight however, I've got a bottom bunk so that is cool!!

Anyway, today I spent the day on a tour around the island which was fantastic! Our first stop was at Seal Bay where we walked on the beach with Australian Sea Lions who were basking in the sun, catching up on their sleep and one or two were swimming in the ocean ... it was spectacular!






Then we went to lunch on a farm and were treated to some koalas, a tame wallaby and an elusive echidna which I didn't get to see! We also had a typical Aussie BBQ lunch!



After that we went to the "Remarkable Rocks" which lived up to their name ... they are granite rocks that have been shaped into some amazing features due to exposure from the wind, sun, rain and salty sea water ... we had a lot of fun exploring the rocks and taking heaps of photos!!




Our last main tour stop was at the "Admiral's Arch" and there we were treated to a show by a bunch of New Zealand Seals who were swimming, fighting in the rock pools, weaning their babies which was quite despairing to watch the little things looking for a teat to attach themselves to much to the disdain of the females they were "attacking" ... and then we spotted some dolphins jumping in the waves and frolicking about with the seals which was absolutely superb fun ... it caused me and a couple of Austrian's on the bus with us to be late getting back to the bus for the final departure but it was worth the run ...

We also got close to a few kangaroos and wallabies and we even got to see the elusive echindna on the road side but I missed a photo opportunity with it?! However, when I get back to Sydney, I will have heaps of photos to download so "watch this space" ... and keep checking back if you are interested in seeing my photos from the trip!!

I have had a wonderfully relaxing time here ... have had some alone time to think about life and the transition of my life at this point in time. I've had time to pray and connect with God in such a beautiful, serene and relaxing environment ... God is amazing ... His fingerprints are all over this place!!

Will be back in Adelaide tomorrow ... then our final week of the course with a "Love Feast" celebration on Thursday night and finally, I will be back in Sydney next Saturday, 3 Feb 07! I'm so looking forward to being home and seeing everyone again ... until then ... God Bless You wherever you may be in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home