Noosh Time

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Family Reunion : Sunday, 8 July 2007

I arrived in Durban, South Africa on Tuesday, 3 July 2007. The last time I saw my folks was in October 2005 and my nephew Guy was just 2 years old. Now, Guy is nearly 4 years old and I met my baby niece, Nicola in person for the first time - she is 18 months old and just so cute! She is trying so hard to talk and much to her frustration, we can't quite understand what she is trying to say half the time but it's so sweet to listen to her. When you ask her to repeat a word, you can practically see the cogs of the brain turning as she thinks about how to articulate the word, and then if it's too hard, she just shouts "Daaaaah!" and giggles which makes us all laugh ... adorable! I'm having so much fun with them and on our first day together, we baked biscuits, we painted, we drew pictures, played in the garden and read books and we watched Noddy! Family really is special in their own unique ways and I am thankful to God that I have once again been able to spend quality time with my Mum, Dad, Brother - Mur, Sister-in-law, Karrie and our beautiful babies - Guy & Nicola.

We went for Sunday lunch to a restaurant called "Waterberry" in Balito and the kids loved playing on the jungle gym outside. Guy had had his face painted like Spiderman so he took on this persona on the ropes!!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home